Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Years Resolutions

So, every year I make these as more of a joke than with any real conviction. However, this year I am determined. I really want to make a change.

#1 Get in Shape (big surprise, does anyone not have this on their list?)
I've never really had the motivation for this, but now I have faith, because now I want to do it for me.. not because I feel like the only chubby one in my stick figure in law family.. and my family as well, but at least they aren't out running triathlons, lol. I even have a plan. Kirty and i found a rec center in almost the exect middle between our houses that has a great pool and also offers aerobics classes. We got a one month membership there yesterday afternoon and attended our first class last night. We did a water class. I'd never done one before, it was a lot of fun, and also kicked my butt! I am excited to see where this month takes us. We have a girls trip planned to Vegas in Feb to go to H&M and buy a bunch of new clothes.. so we have great motivation to be the size we want to buy. :)

#2 Be more spiritual.
Especially better Temple attendance. What can I say more, it's an amazing peaceful place, and who couldn't use more peace in their lives?? I also want to do better at family prayers and scripture study and FHE.

#3 Keep A Good Record of Ainsley's Life.
My Goal is to not get more than two months behind on scrapbooking, and to try and write in her baby book every two weeks. She's growing and changing so fast, I don't want to forget a thing.

#4 Spend my money more wisely.
money seems to just disappear with nothing real to show for it.. i'm going to make an effort to really think about all my purchases before actually making them.

Well, it's a short list, but i think it's all important things. Thanks for letting me get it out there, it feels more real now. Happy New Year to All!! May all your resolutions come easily to you :)

5 comments:

Candice said...

Way to go!!! Those are some great resolutions! Now I've gotta pick mine (and make them last past January)! I think you're off to a good start! Keep it up sister! Lub

Randilee said...

I try not to make a list, but every Christmas my family (brother and fam, sister, parents) write down one goal and put it in a box. I did pretty good last year. Mine this year is "get organized". Pretty general, but that way I can modify as needed.
I love the one about Ainsley's book. I have one week of Tori's life done. Yeah :( She's 4. Good luck with that one.

Anonymous said...

Your resolutions sound great! I need to get my butt in gear too. Spiritually and Physically!

stewart.shana.ella said...

Good goals. I want to do that with Ella's scrapbook to, making the pages for Kathryn made me decide that:)

candace said...

Yeah! I am excited to find your blog! I think my number one New Years Resolution is to laugh more this year (hopefully) and to get more organized that would include a baby album for my now 3 year old!