Sunday, December 21, 2008

Friend Highlight - take two

Anyone who knows me, spends any time with me, or talks to me for any length of time knows about Kirty. :) I saw a cute card once that said 'So many of my favorite memories have you in them'. That's Kirty.
Kirsten "Kirty" Jenkins is my bff. We met as roommates in the fall of 2000. My fellow roomates (including Eve, who you will meet at in a post like this at a later date) and I helped Miss Shy get together with her hubby. :) One night we actually forced her, kicking and screaming into a coat, hat and shoes and locked her out of the apartment and wouldn't let her back in until she walked across the cul-de-sac and went to visit Dan. :) Trust me, it was for her own good. ;)

Kirty got married at the end of that school year and moved to SLC. When I graduated a couple years later and moved to SLC myself and got married we were able to start hanging out again. Pretty much since then we see each other at least once a week... and frequently more. I sat for her kids tons before I had Ainsley, and love them almost as though they were my own. One year while I was still struggling to get pregnant she had them send me a Mother's day card.. probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.And since I had Ainsley, Kirty has given her as much love as anyone she's actually related to, Ains often picks her over me.. lil stinker.
Awesome Kirty Fact
* She was one of 3 friends who actually jumped into the pool at my wedding in their dresses!! I love my friends! (Take note of the other two for future posts ;) love ya ladies!)Kirty is nuts! and I love it!
I don't know how people run errands without a Kirty. It makes life so much easier. We take turns going to places each other needs to go and then one of us stays in the car with the kiddies so the other can run inside. It's amazing how much easier it is to get stuff done! I recommend everyone gets a Kirty to run errands with. :)
I can't even begin to count the number of things she's done for me and how many times she's gone out of her way to help me. She's the best friend a girl could have. Thanks Dirty, you rock.

3 comments:

dankirty said...

Thanks for shoving her out in the snow...best thing that ever happened to me! By the way, get your own Kirty---this one's taken!

:)

Dan

tatum said...

what a cute post.....i love kirty too =)

Brady and Jess said...

You guys are so cute! Those college days were quite adventurous weren't they! We should all get together soon. Would love to meet your guys' kids:)