Monday, January 03, 2011

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Oh what a precursor to Christmas we had! :) After leaving Arizona and the Polar Express behind us we headed up to the cabin. The first order of business was a Christmas tree. The guys actually went out behind the cabin and found a tree! It was the cutest little tree. :) The kids had a great time decorating it with Grandma.

I love her little angel!

then we hung up the stockings.. they were cute and fun decorations :)
Yeah, there's a lot of us. I think the count was 20 this year.

Usually at the cabin we sit around, eat food, watch movies.. and those who are inclined to enjoy winter sports partake.. well we definitely did all that, but we also decided to mix it up a bit, and we planned a craft every day. This turned out to be so fun! Great idea girls!

We made gingerbread houses
and cookies

Santa Masksand the grown up girls even made lanterns one night.
They were so fun to make and looked great lit up at night
(mine's the blue on on the far left)

But I think my favorite was the snow globes.
Little hand prints turned into snowmen.
They turned out so cute!
Nora's tiny little snowmen!

It was messy, but it was fun :)

I think Ainsley's favorite part of Christmas was getting to spend all that time with her cousins. She doesn't get to see Ella much, her only girl cousin anywhere near her age. They had a great time talking princesses and even got the boys to dance with them once to princess music.
Cutest.thing.ever.

We got SO much snow, and the kids LOVED it.
Here's their adorable snowman.. who we later had to move up to the porch, because it was getting buried under all the snow!
(Ainsley, Ella, Frosty, Adam, Jake and Evan on the floor, lol)
Ainsley even went to ski school one day!
Tom's determined to make her a well rounded sporty spice
(Ella, Ains, Jake)
(Jake, Ella, Adam Ains)

3 comments:

Angela said...

What a fun time! I love those snowman ornaments, what a great idea!

stewart.shana.ella said...

Such a great week:)

anna banana said...

I dont know why I enjoy reading everyone's posts about the same thing. But I guess it is just because it was such a fabulous week!