Sunday, September 07, 2008

The City so Nice they Named it Twice..

That's right.. New York, NY!

As spoiled as ever, I just got back from another fabulous Christensen trip. It was a couples trip this time, all the married members of the fam, and none of the kids. THANKS KIRTY for watching Ains while were there. She had a great time, and hardly knew I was gone.

We got there Thursday afternoon, checked into the penthouse apartment we were staying at, changed, ate at the yummy restaurant Puttanesca, that we had tried out when we were here last year for the girls trip. Tommy and I ditched dinner a little early, along with his sister Anna and her hubby Allen to catch a show. WICKED!! Fabulous, fabulous fabulous.. I only wish I could've seen the original cast, which included Kristen Chenowyth (who is now playing Olive in my new favorite TV show Pushing Daisies, awesome show!) as Glinda.

(us in the theatre)


(us outside the theatre)


and Here's Anna and I being silly... if you can't tell she's supposed to be the Elphaba (the Wicked Witch) and I'm supposed to be Glinda the Good :)


On Friday it was nice to see some great parts of NYC. Tom thought most of NY was dirty and smelly, but there were some really pretty parts too. Our favorite parts of this trip were the neighborhoods near Battery Park (where you take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty), Chelsea and this nice end of Brooklyn.

(on our way to Battery Park)


Chelsea


We got a lot of exercise, I can't believe how much we walked. We were a lot further from a subway station than last time, and with so many more people cabs weren't really feasible. I didn't feel bad about any of the yummy food we had there, cuz it felt like we walked it all off!
Here's Tom chillin' on the Subway.


In Brooklyn we saw a place called One Girl Cookies whose treats all had girl's names.. this one looks pretty tasty :)


We had the yummiest mozzarella sticks of my life in this place in Little Italy. Such a cute little restaurant.


It's hard to believe, but this was view from the bedroom where we stayed. I took this myself the night before we left by sticking my camera out the window.


On our last day we found my favorite restaurant ever.. Max Brenner's, any place who's dessert menu is bigger than their food menu will always have my heart.. I'll definitely have to find it again if I ever make my way back to New York.


Thanks so much Thom and Kathryn for always being so great and taking us on such a fun trip! Tom's parents are fun crazy people.
Here's Kathryn and I during out shopping day, after our lunch at Rockefeller Center.


and here's Thom.. the crazy head of the Christensen household. And in case you are wondering, I had a glass bracelet i dropped and it broke... and the pieces that survived are what he has hanging in his ears, lol.


It was a great trip.. but it was nice to be home too, I missed my little girl.
I brought home Dunkin Donuts for Kirty, and had to grab some donut holes for me.. Ains helped me finish them off the next morning.

7 comments:

Candice said...

New York is awesome to visit! I'm glad you're home though! :)

diana said...

Looks like you had so much fun...and I'm with you on the restaurants that have a larger dessert menu than an entree menu! :) Maybe Nate and I will have to go there next! Welcome home! :)

tatum said...

such cute pictures, i am so jealous, miss that place, glad you had fun

Emily said...

Two words - SO JEALOUS!!! I loved looking at all the pics! Isn't NY the BEST?? *sigh*

Unknown said...

Wow! I just saw One Girl Cookies on Samantha Brown's Passport to Great Weekends (Brooklyn) and you went there! You actually got to be there with all those yummy cookies! I'm sooo jealous! Lol. I'm glad you had a good time. :D

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like it was an awesome trip!

Ticey said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. I love NY, and am totally jealous you got to see Wicked. Great pics!