My grandma lives in St. George and I love spending as much time with her as I can. She traveled around a lot with my grandpa, they are the coolest people. They have some wooden shoes from a trip to Holland and Ainsley has to wear them every time we are there. We also got to see some other family member too who came to see my Grandpa in the Senior Games. He won a gold and a silver in Lawn Bowling. Go Grandpa!
Little Dutch Girl
Buddies - my little cousin Kyle and Ains are best buds,
Makeup Artist - already harassing her lil cousin Wes with girly stuff.
kisses
Aunt Candice and Baby Wes
We spent a couple weeks up at the cabin while Tom did a bunch of work. We had some friends come up and stay with us. The only thing I love more than spending some time at the cabin, is spending time at the cabin with friends!
Trent, Cristi and Zack came up first. Tom's best friend did a great job when he picked out Cristi for his wife. Thanks for marrying an awesome girl I'm glad to be friends with!

A couple days later RJ and Rusti and their 2 cute kids got there.
RJ, like Tom and Trent, is a computer programmer, so the guys had a blast talking in some language the rest of us ignored, lol. Rusti and I hunted down puzzles and the boys made fun of us for being old ladies as we put it together. Ains adores their kids, Isabelle is such a cute little mommy, and Oliver is a sweetheart that's easy to play with.
We ate lot of yummy food.. that's what the cabin is for, in my book, yummy food. We had kabobs, and chicken tacos, and cinnamon rolls, and cookies, and homemade pizza and more.. I aim to fatten up any and all house guests... be aware.. mwahahaha
Makin' da pizza
Ridin' her horse
Cave Dwellers
"Is your mom taking ANOTHER picture?"
"I know.. she's crazy!"
The crazy thing hat happened while we were there was a big windstorm came thru and blew over this huge old tree next to the cabin. It was amazing that it fell in pretty much the only direction that wouldn't do any real damage. Tom, RJ and Rusti (by this time Trent and Cristi had gone home) went out to survey the damage and start clearing some brush (i volunteered to watch the kids, lol) I tried to get Rusti to leave it to the guys (not at all to clear a guilty conscience for not being out there.. really..) but she said she was having a blast! She was a regular ol lumberjack! I'm definitely impressed.
Big Ol Tree
Mountain woman!
They cleared off all the side branches and debris with gloves and axes, and eventually after everyone left Tom took a chainsaw and hacked that thing to pieces and cleared the whole driveway so that the people coming that weekend could get thru it. I'm not gonna lie, I thought he was totally insane and would chop his leg off and bleed to death and leave me a widow.. but luckily my mountain man survived. :) Yeah, he's tough.
Chainsaw craziness


No comments:
Post a Comment