Tuesday, May 11, 2010

a little update

I've noticed I don't talk about baby#2 very much on this blog.. I save most of my whining for my thoughts blog, lol.. but I thought I'd give a little update here, for those who care. :)

Well, I'm now 35 weeks preggers. So weird. It's getting so close. The little one is moving around tons. Almost non-stop. It's good to know she's doing well in there.. but it's hard to sleep while she's squirming, lol. I'm starting to really get ready. I've ordered pretty much everything I needed/wanted to get for her and it's starting to slowly arrive. I love ordering stuff online. Checking the shipping info, waiting for packages.. when they get here it's like a little Christmas every time! :) I still need things like diapers, nursing pads, diaper cream.. it's weird the things you run out of, or forget you need. I feel like I'm learning all this stuff all over again. It's been 3 years since I did this last! So crazy.

We also made another important decision regarding the baby. We've officially picked a name! :)
Our little squirmer shall now be known as Eleanor. :) Little Baby Nora. Don't ask about a middle name.. We still don't know that, lol. Ainsley is getting very excited. I think giving her a name made the baby more real to her. She talks about her 'sister' all the time. She calls her Baby Nora and always wants to hug or kiss my stomach. We had a midwife appt yesterday and Ainsley got to help measure her, and find her heartbeat. While playing with the toys there, she found a little stethoscope and came over to me with it on, and lifted up my shirt and started 'listening' to my tummy. It was pretty cute. The appt went well all around. I'm measuring a week ahead, but I've been measuring ahead for months, and it doesn't really mean anything.. so I'm trying not to read anything into it. She's still head down, heart rate and everything looks good. Here's hoping for smooth sailing and another quick delivery. *crosses fingers and toes*

Besides that, not much else going on. Tom's working away in the basement. His dad came up last weekend for his brother Richard's graduation from USU, and spent a day and a half helping him hang sheet rock. They are almost all the way done and we are having the carpet people in this week to measure and give us a quote for flooring. Tom swore it wouldn't be done before the baby got here (which is what I wanted) but now it's looking more and more like it could definitely happen. Makes me very excited. :) It's been so nice to just be home for a while. We made our quick trip up to see Richard graduate on Saturday, but other than that we've just been sticking around the house. I like my house, I like my neighborhood, I like my friends.. it's fun to just be for a while. :)

Here's us with the new college grad..
I know, I look like a total dweeb, just please ignore it.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Before you know it (or maybe before I know it) you'll have a new baby girl! Cute name too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Baby Nora, I ♥ it!

Brady and Jess said...

It was so much fun to see you at the graduation...I was SO surprised!!!! Loved seeing you and finally seeing your family in person! Thank goodness for blogs to keep us all updated on each other. Get Eve to post! ha ha!

Danielle said...

jess! Are you on facebook? She updates there some.. and you can see pics of her cute little girl at http://cristinelsonphotography.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-baby-girl.html

Taylor Family said...

I love the name that you picked! It is beautiful and it will sound good with Ainsley's name too. I don't think you look like a "dweeb" in the picture. ;-) You look cute and pregnant. But your comment did make me laugh though.

anna banana said...

Cant wait to meet you Baby Nora!