Okay, now i know most of you crafty talented women out there will think this is pretty lame, but I am a bit challenged in this area and tend to not even try. So I'm pretty proud of myself, so just keep it to yourself if you see this as the tiny thing it is. ;)

I found this old gray shadow box frame and painted it to match the green in her room. I ended up buying a couple greens and a white that I mixed to get a color i was happy with. I was going to keep the glass and put a cute scrapbook paper background, but in the end I liked it better as more of a shelf. The plaster hand and foot I made with my mom a couple weekends ago, and I bought some glazing stuff and put on at least 8 coats, so now it's all protected and shiny. :)

I also painted this cute framed 'A' my cousin Janell made for me. The frame used to be a pretty off white, but it just disappeared against the yellow walls. I'm still trying to decide where the best place to put it is. Right now it's next to the cute little Beatrix Potter tea set my mom gave Ainsley.

And I finally hung my great grandmother's quilt. Ainsley gets her middle name, Hazel, from her. I looked all over for a way to hang it that I liked and that wouldn't cost me a fortune. I didn't really like the quilt clips i saw, and all the quilt hangings I found were more than I was willing to spend. In the end I found this curtain rod on sale. I think it looks great, and looks like a nice quilt hanger, not a curtain rod.. but you tell me.
So there's my craftiness. I guess being a mother may make a crafty person out of me after all. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Now I need to come up with a new project. Any ideas, let me know. I can't sew or crochet or knit. Although I am thinking of trying to make new bedding for the little family cradle we pass around, it only has one set right now. Of course that will be a job I will enlist my mom for. :)
6 comments:
Love it all! You should keep trying! I love how you hung the quilt on the curtain rod...very clever! :) Good luck with your new project...maybe a decoupaged shelf for her room??
Ha,ha it's me again...I just wanted to tell you that if you're really wanting craft project ideas you should go to diynetwork.com, hgtv.com, bhg.com, or marthastewart.com. They have great ideas and every project comes with step-by-step instructions. Hope this helps! :)
Hey Dani Ansley's room looks so cute. The foot and hand turned out really good. I cant wait to see you next week. Love ya
Nice job! I'm really proud of you! You did a great job!
You nursery looks beautiful! You'll be so happy you did those impressions. I did with Isabelle and I love to pull them out once in a while and just remember. Ah.... simpler times..... lol :)
Nice work... I am impressed. It looks great!
Post a Comment